Within your control panel, you can change the general and game server settings for ArmA. An explanation of the settings you can change can be found below:
- Servername: your game server name.
- Player slots: the amount of players you want to be able to connect with your game server.
- Mods: select the mods you want to play. First you have to install the mods you want to play at the home tab within the control panel or via FTP. Once you've installed these mods (install one mod at a time) they will be available as a selectable option.
- Mission classes: select the missions you want to play. If you want to play specific missions, you first have to upload them to the game server via the file manager or FTP.
- Admin Password: fill in the password you would like to use to login as an admin once you are connected to your server. Once you are logged in as an admin while gaming, you can use in-game server commands, which can be found here.
- Message of the day: the server message you want to show players are connected with your server.
- BattleEye enabled: this will keep BattleEye (anti-cheat) enabled.
- DisalbleVoN: this option lets you choose to disable voice over net.
- Persistent: if this is set to yes, your mission wil run on even if the last player is disconnected.
- Maxping: this is the max ping you allow a player to have on your game server.
- Motd interval: this is the amount of time you want to have your message of the day repeated.
- MySQL Port number and Root Password: you can leave this at it is, unless you want to play a mod that needs MySQL.
- Verify Signatures: checks if players have modified packages (cheats for example). If you want to enable this, set it to 2.
- VoteMissionPlayers: The numbers of players you would like to connect before the mission voting will be enabled.
- VoteThreshold: Amount of votes in percentages needed for a change. Set this above 1 if you want to disable it.
To install mods, you have three options:
1. Install pre-uploaded mods. Our ArmA game servers come with a lot of pre-uploaded mods that can be installed straight away. To install these pre-uploaded mods, navigate to the 'basic functionalities' tab at the control panel. Subsequently, click on 'Install Mods'. Select the mod you want to install and the game server will automatically install the pre-uploaded mod. Once the installation is complete, select the specific mod at the 'configuration' tab of the control panel. Finally, hit save & restart and your mod will be available for you to play!
2. Use the file manager within the control panel. If your mod is not available in the pre-uploaded mods list, you have to upload your specific mod manually. This can be done via the control panel file manager. The file manager can be found at the third tab within the control panel and is named 'file manager'. When uploading your mod, create a new folder with @YourModName and upload the content of the mod within this folder. Once you've uploaded the mod, you can select the specific mod at the 'configuration' tab of the control panel. Finally, hit save & restart and your mod will be available for you to play! Please be aware that the file manager has an upload limit. If you have large mods, we recommend to use FTP.
3. Use a FTP client such as Filezilla. If your mod is not available in the pre-uploaded mods list and exceeds the upload limit of the file manager, you have to upload your specific mod manually via FTP. If you are unfamiliar with FTP, please visit Control_panel_possibilities first. Once you are connected with your game server via FTP, create a new folder with @YourModName and upload the content of the mod within this folder. Once you've uploaded the mod, you can select the specific mod at the 'configuration' tab of the control panel. Finally, hit save & restart and your mod will be available for you to play!
To install missions, navigate to the folder 'MPMissions' either via the file manager or via FTP. Within this folder, upload your .pbo mission file and restart your server. Subsequently visit the configuration tab within the control panel and select the mission you want to play. Hit save and restart and your mission will be available in your game server.