Call of Duty 4
Although you can use the general settings and game server settings within the control panel to set up your game server, you need in-game console commands to further control your game server.
You can enter commands by pressing ‘~’ while in-game. A small bar will appear at the top of your screen in which you can enter the following commands. If the console does not display when pressing ‘~‘, it needs to be enabled (Main Menu ⇒ Options ⇒ Game Options… ⇒ Enable Console must say ‘Yes’). For a larger console window (necessary for /status for example) you need to press ‘Shift + ~‘.
Before you can use the list of commands that can be found below, you need to connect with RCON (Remote Control) first while being in-game. To do this, simply type: /rcon login [your password]
You can set your RCON password within the control panel.
After you've logged in with RCON, you can use the below commands to control your game server:
- /rcon serverinfo: Shows the server settings and configurations.
- /rcon map [map name]: Loads the given map.
- /rcon map_rotate: Loads the next map of the map rotation set in the ‘sv_maprotation’ file on your server.
- /rcon map_restart: Restarts the current map.
- /rcon fast_restart: Restarts the current map just like /map_restart but much faster. It will just restart the map and not reload it.
- /rcon status: Shows information about the connected players, including client ID, score, ping, GUID, name and IP address. The ID and name can be used for the following commands.
- /rcon tell [player ID]:Displays a message to a specific player by ID (given by the /status command).
- /rcon clientkick [player ID]: Kicks a player according to its ID (given by the /status command).
- /rcon kick [player name]: Same as the /clientkick command, but this command requires the player’s name. However, some names are very difficult to enter (with colour codes etc.), thats why the /clientkick commands is easier in use. You can use all as player name, this will kick all players from the server.
- /rcon onlykick [player name]: Same as /kick.
- /rcon banClient [player ID]: Bans a player according to its ID (given by the /status command). The player’s GUID will be added to ban.txt.
- /rcon banUser [player name]: Same as /banclient, but this command requires the player’s name. It is therefore advised to use the /banclient command (names can be long or contain colour codes).
- /rcon tempBanClient [player ID]: Temporary bans a player using the player’s ID (given by the /status command). The length of a temporary ban can be changed in the server configuration file.
- /rcon tempBanUser [player name]: Temporary bans a player using the player’s name.
- /rcon unbanUser [player name]: Unbans a user according to the player’s name. If the player’s name appears more than once in ban.txt, you can edit the file and remove the banned player manually.
- /rcon dumpuser [player name]: Shows information about the player.
- /rcon killserver: As the name says: shuts your server down.
- /rcon serverstatus: Shows information about the server settings and a quick list of online players.
- /rcon serverinfo: Shows some information about IW settings on your server.
- /rcon systeminfo: Shows a list of the settings your server has.
- /rcon clientinfo: Shows information about your client.
- /rcon showip: Shows your IP address.
- /rcon cmdlist: Shows a complete list of commands available.